Sunday, April 27, 2008

D-I-Y Breakfast Set

Both me and my Prince Charming love to have our breakfast at Ya Kun especially on Weekends. It's just so nice sipping the hot cup of tea, enjoying the half boiled eggs and munching the cripsy Kaya bread. However, if you do a minor calculations on how much you have to spent on 2 breakfast sets over there every weekends, I think you may consider doing it yourself. I'm a stingy person!

Look here! Let me do the numbers for you:

Breakfast Set A

2 Slices of Kaya bread
1 Cup of Tea or Coffee
2 Half boil eggs
Total: $4.20

2 person cost: $4.20 X 2 = $8.40
Suppose we only visit once a week, that would add up to: $33.60 /month

Now, if you do it yourself, here's the cost:

1 loaf of traditional bread: $1.20 (8 Slices)
2 Lipton tea sackets : approx $0.40
Hot water: FOC
Sugar: approx $0.10
Butter: approx $0.20
Kaya: approx $0.50

Total cost in all: $2.40 X 2 =$4.80
One month: $19.20
You can save up almost 50%! What's more, you don't have to Queue up ;)





I'm actually surprised that my Toaster oven can do such nice effects on the bread. The lines on the toasts looked so nice!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

woot! i love nice toast + nice thick cup of coffee for breakfast! *hint hint* :D anyway the pic looks soooooo good! *clap* and of cos, i'm sure it taste even better cos it was made with love~ :)

and also,I will see u soon soon! have a nice, blessed week ahead at work okie~ ^^

Amanda

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hello Amandal Girl! Thanks for your console when I told you what happen :)

Friends are always there for you when you need help. I'm gald I have you~ I'll just forgive but I won't forget! I'll always remember what she did to me and I'll promise myself never to let her abuse me verbally again!

daphne said...

hehe. Very homely. Nice budgetting too! =)

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Daphne, I bet you must be missing this! Don't you feel this is part of our childhood memories.

Sipping the hot milo (at that time) from the tea plate and munching away the cripsy bread. Awww..

I had to tell you that I'm becoming stingy.Everything is going up, look at the price increase in rice and the inflations everywhere. I really got to cut down on some expenses before I go crazy again :P

Aimei said...

I love Yakun Kaya toast too! Thanks for saving us the budgeting...haha. I would love a set too! :P

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hi Aimei,

Hahaha, I need to save up :(
Everything is so expensive now!

Wasp Nest Removal Lincoln said...

This was loovely to read