Saturday, January 19, 2008

Anpan Bread



Makes 5 buns

IngredientsAmounts
Egg
25g
(about 1/2 of an egg)
Sugar
25g
Cake flour
20g
Bread flour
200g
Instant Yeast
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Water
115g
Soften unsalted butter
15g
Red bean paste
-
Sesame seeds
-
  1. Sift the dry ingredients together and put them into the mixing bowl.

  2. Add in egg and water and hook into dough on high speed. When dough is formed, turn the speed to medium and allow further hooking till dough is smooth, shiny and elastic.

  3. Stir in the melted butter and further hook on low speed. When dough is ready, proof for 60 mins.

  4. After proofing, cut the dough into 5 individual portions and wrap the red bean paste into the dough. Flatten the dough using the hand and dash the top with some sesame seeds.

  5. Allow the wrapped dough to relax for 15 mins.

  6. Once done, proof for another 10 mins .

  7. Bring to bake at 190 degree Celsius for 20 mins.






It's been really quite sometime since I last baked a bread. Got this sudden urge to bake one for tomorrow's breakfast and off I ran to the kitchen to get everything prepared. Since there's still quite an amount of Red bean paste left over from the last mochi session, I decided to make Anpan Bread.

This recipe is adopted from "孟老師的100道麵包". I can say the dough can be hard to manage since it's kinda sticky. My Prince charming ate one of the sample roll and commented it is soft and nice. I felt like taking a bite too but it's already 3am and I'll definitely pile on weights if I continue to eat at such hours. Anyway, my eyelids are on the go of closing down. LOL! Good night!


Updates: I can't believe that this happen! My anpan bread which was left over since last night actually taste softer than it was out from the oven! How amazing! The texture was fluffy and soft. OMG! My Royal Prince Charming actually "snatched" my bun and ate it down his stomach! LOL!

No comments: