Sunday, November 18, 2007

Chocolate Peanut Chiffon Cake



Makes 8 Cakes

IngredientsAmounts
All Purpose Flour1 Cup
Sugar½ Cup
Oil1 Tbsp
Baking Powder¾ Tsp
Baking Soda¾ Tsp
Salt¼ Tsp
Egg1
Plain Yogurt150g
Lemon Juice2 Tsp
Vanilla Extract1 Tsp

Toppings: Semi-sweet chocolate and Chopped Peanuts

  1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.

  2. Combine the egg, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.

  3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

  4. Coat the tube pans with oil and divide batter among pans.

  5. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

  6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

  7. Melt the Semi-sweet chocolate. Cream the cake with the melted chocolate and dust it with chopped peanuts.






I was supposed to bake donuts out from this recipe but instead, it came out to be chiffon cake! I wondered what really went wrong :( This recipe was found on a forum where members get to post their recipes. I am not too sure either if anyone else tried it out as there were no response from any of the members. Is it the mini-chiffon tray fault?

I was pinning with high hope because the batter looked thick and it doesn't look like it will popped out a spongy texture and who knows, I got the shock out of my wits when I saw my batter behaving weirdly through the oven.

Though it didn't came out to be what I expected, I still felt relieved because the cakes tasted not bad and I don't have to throw them in the bin :) I was merely disappointed because I promised my little brother that I will make him some donuts today. Didn't wanted to try the deep-fried version because it's heaty and oily. Anyway, little brother enjoyed these cakes and I'm gald :)

I will look out for more proof tried baked donut recipes and baked them for my little brother. Anyone care to help? =P

No comments: