Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chiffon Cake




Makes 20cm Cake

IngredientsAmounts
Plain Flour150g
Baking Powder1Tsp
Sugar100g +90g
EggYolks4
EggWhites4
Cream of Tar Tar1/8 Tsp
Coconut Milk70ml
Water45ml
Vegetable Oil70ml
Salt1/8 Tsp




  1. Preheat oven for 15 mins at 180 degree Clesius.

  2. In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, 100g sugar and vegetable oil.

  3. Add in the dry ingredients like sifted flour and baking powder, followed by coconut milk, salt and water.

  4. Mix the combination evenly till you see a smooth mixture.

  5. Using an electrical mixer, whisk the egg whites till soft peaks are formed. Add in the remaining sugar and Cream of tar tar. Stop when mixture become stift.

  6. Combine the 2 mixtures together. Pour them into a chiffon cake pan.

  7. Bring to bake at 170 degree Celsius for 35 mins.


* As I only owned a 16cm chiffon cake pan, therefore I had the remaining batter poured into my cupcake cups! They looked kinda weird but its another way of saving my food :) *








My royal prince charming requested for Chiffon cake and so I decided to bake him one. The plan was to bake a Pandan flavoured cake, you know like the ones you see commonly in NTUC and cold storage. However, with no pandan essence and leaves at home, I got to change the plan to baking a basic flavoured one instead.

I got a shocked when I realised that the cake mould I used, was kind of hard to remove :( Was drenched with cold sweat while trying to remove my cake from the mould. Luckily, only some of the sides were slightly chipped off. I was so afraid that my whole cake might just go into waste if the cake mould wouldn't cooperate! Nevertheless, it makes my royal prince charming a happy man today. He like the cake so much! It makes me a happy wife because my man is happy! Hee~



No comments: